Dec 6, 2012

Clueless

Mr Mine got me sick....again. It's been a week and I am still miserable.

After dragging myself around all morning to Physical Therapy, the Physician, and then to the Bagel Factory to pick up a gallon of vegetable soup. I was grateful to be at my final stop before I could go home and crawl back exhaustedly into bed. I had to pick up some Mucinex DM per my doc's orders and while I was at it I raided the tea section for a bunch of chamomile since we were completely out. Relieved to be in line to pay I was letting my mind wander when out of the blue a voice behind says " Wow, you must drink a lot of tea". My first thought as I am turning to respond to this stranger is "oh great someone who wants to talk, I so do not have energy for this" as I plaster on a wry grin and respond with a croaking "yeah". At which point Mr Friendly and Outgoing says "oh, are you sick?". No mister I always sound like a frog crawled down my throat. Another croaking "yeah". Which any normal person might have just said "oh, that sucks" and gotten the hint that said sick person was exhausted and that talking was costing them much needed strength. But oh no, Mr Friendly and Outgoing then goes on to say a multitude of things ranging from, "I'm a life coach. Do you work out? What do you like to do when you work out? Have you ever thought it(getting sick) could be because of your nutrition?" to "What are your goals?" All the while the voices in my head are screaming at him "shut up, just shut up, the girl is sick, she doesn't want to talk about weight management and healthy living, she just wants to go home and crawl into bed!! Which by the way had already been stated at this point, well, at least the part about looking forward to just going home and crawling into bed. I practically ran to my car from the check out line as soon as I had paid. I've never been so happy to get back in my car.

A note to life coaches out there: Badgering a poor sick girl in the check out aisle will not endear you to her and make her want to hire you!!!! Get a clue! I do understand that part of the problem was that I kept responding. But honestly I didn't even have the energy to be bitchy! And maybe if I had not been sick I might have entertained his pitch. But seriously, I felt like a cornered animal in a cage. Because that line was definitely not moving fast enough and I had way too many people between me and my finish line.

I'm so happy to finally be home. I've downed a quart of soup, taken my meds, and now I am going to crawl back into bed. Hope you are all doing well and staying healthier than I have! This season's been rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...