Dec 29, 2012

Party Prep

I know, I know what a slacker. I keep starting blog posts and not finishing them! The past few weeks have just flown by with holiday parties and planning. Currently I am trying to get everything together for what may end up being the smallest New Year Eve's party ever. I've decided on a color scheme. Not the traditional black and gold that you see everywhere, but I decided something more cheerful. White and Robin's Egg Blue. I'm looking forward to my vision becoming a reality. This party may have few attendees but it's going to be fun!

IMAG3443


Several weeks ago I swept through Party City and bought everything I thought I could possibly need. Which amounted to...a LOT. I definitely blanched when they added it all up, but consoled myself that they had a 30 day return policy so anything we did not use, ie the hundred and one different colored balloons or the, ahem, fifteen princess tiaras, we could return them no muss or fuss.

IMAG3448 IMAG3447 IMAG3351



















Yesterday Mr Mine finally got bitten by the party bug and we raced around to BevMo, Trader Joe's, and lastly Party City for all of our odds and ends. The more it comes together the more excited I get. Today I realized I am nowhere near as finished as I want to be. There are so many projects that I wanted to get finished before this party. I wanted to finish re-finishing the side chair that I picked up three years ago at the thrift store and still haven't completed. Then I wanted to make some topiaries out of new year's resolutions so that people could just pick them off of the tree. I got the idea from looking at this ribbon topiary. It's hard to curb the craft diy bug even when it is last minute!

We've also been contemplating as to whether we should take down our Christmas tree for the party as well. I don't really want to because I absolutely adore our tree this year. It makes me exceptionally happy every time that I look at it. Decisions, decisions! And only a few days left to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...