Dec 30, 2012

Peppermint Candy Cookie Deliciousness

We had our KTG Holiday Party a week or so before Christmas. This year we decided that not only were we going to do a White Elephant Gift exchange but we were also going to do a Cookie Exchange. So I decided to look on pinterest for some inspiration and found these adorable cookies by Bakerella that I wanted to try. My first batch I attempted to make Vanilla Lavendar Sugar Cookies but you can read about that disaster here.

For my second batch I decided to follow the recipe exactly. I used this recipe from Bake at 350. I got the idea from Bakerella. The recipe for the frosting I modified from Bake at 350's Royal Icing Recipe. She has some great tips for trouble shooting the icing as well.

Peppermint Royal Icing
(This will cover 2-3 dozen 3.5 inch cookies in 2 colors)


4 TBSP meringue powder

scant 1/2 cup water

 
1 lb powdered sugar 


1/2 - 1 tsp light corn syrup 


2-3 drops peppermint extract (optional) 

I also used Americolor's Bright White and Electric Pink for my frosting colors.


IMAG3373
First you outline with the royal icing.
Then you flood the icing to fill the centers.
Which means that you fold in a tsp of water at a time
until the frosting flows back together into the bowl easily.
IMAG3374
Once the centers are filled let them sit for a minute.
Then use your second color and place dots around the edges
IMAG3375
Using a toothpick slide the dots towards the center.
IMAG3376
Starting in the center slide your toothpick around in a pinwheel motion.
IMAG3377
TA DA! Peppermint candies!
IMAG3371

IMAG3386
Wrap in clear bags with ribbon. I used self sealing wrap and twine. 

1 comment:

  1. These were soooo good but way to hard to open!!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...