Dec 13, 2011

A different kind of workout: Lesson #3

As my third violin lesson commenced I realized that no matter how well my home practices go it always feels like a performance when I play for my teacher. I get nervous and all concentration seems to go right out the window and suddenly I am flustered and frazzled and every note I play comes out wrong. And I am once again in fourth grade with my fingers all tied in a knot and knowing nothing. Christina had a lot of suggestions to give me on things to work on. So I left with a lot of homework assignments.

So as not to feel defeated I went home and practiced for an hour and wouldn't you know that the notes and positioning and the bowing all went much more smoothly once I was there. Safe and sound.

I'm hoping that this week I will get in more than one practice. Although Mr. Mine and I will be leaving with Ms Pasadena on holiday this coming Saturday so I'll have a 2 week break from practicing. I thought about taking the violin with me, but I would worry too much about something happening to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...