Dec 24, 2011

SXM: Sunrise, Sunset

One of my favorite things about the place we were staying was the beautiful sunsets. If you stood on a chair on the back porch you could watch the sun dip into the ocean. The last time I visited the island, which was about six years ago, you could actually sit on the porch and watch it. But in the last six years the palm trees which were then babies have grown so tall you can barely see over them. Great for a privacy fence, not so great for the view. But even if I had to stand on chairs to see it, what a beautiful sight to behold.



The top two were from the back porch and the bottom one was from the road beneath the Fort Hill overlooking the new Yacht Club in Marigot. We were only home to catch the sun at the right time a few nights, but with every one I saw it made me happy to be alive. There is so much beauty in this world. It makes me want to travel more, experience more, feel more. Sunsets inspire me to live my life enjoying all that the world has to offer. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...