Dec 5, 2011

My Great Aunt's Violin

There just happens to be this lovely tan colored wall across the street from my music academy and since my lessons are only a half hour long I end around 4pm. Which is just about the time the sun starts going down here in LA at this time of year. So I took a few moments to breakout my violin and take some pics while I still had the warmth of the light. 

This is my violin, it was found a long time ago in my Great Aunt Dot's attic. It had some water damage at the time but we were able to have it repaired. I love this old violin it's a pleasure and a privilege to play it. At the time it was found I was using a rented violin which sounded, well, it sounded a little like I was trying to play inside the Tin Man. I'm hoping that once I get bold enough I will actually post a few videos of me playing. We shall see :)



You can see that my poor case has been used as a cats' scratching post. The little stinkers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...