May 31, 2012

Curvily Yours: The Beginning

A Casual Comment.
I was a mid-western girl of 26 who had just moved to town after living in Wadsworth, OH for the past year and a half. I can distinctly remember the moment. The end of spring 2006, I had been living in LA for about three months and on the way to lunch a colleague of mine dropped the p-bomb. I believe the conversation went something like "And how was your evening?",  "It was great. I'm really sore from my pole dancing class last night though." I'm sure I looked nothing short of stunned. Taking pole dancing "classes" at that time was pretty much unheard of. What is now termed a Movement was only just starting so my early 40s colleague telling me she had been taking pole dancing classes came as a bit of a shock.

As she told me more about the classes, the studio, and what it was all about I became intrigued. Feeling very, "I moved to LA why not do something crazy" I signed up for an intro class that day and eagerly anticipated going to it the following weekend. Never dreaming that I was about to embark on an amazing journey.

1 comment:

  1. And thank goodness you did. Pole is great... even if you did have to drag ME!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...