May 15, 2012

The Craft and Folk Art Museum

What a beautiful day, I met my good friend Mrs Coupons at The Counter for lunch. The sun was shining and I just felt, happy. It had been a while since I had last seen Mrs Coupons, she and I worked together last year at Trailerpark on their e-Publishing team. We made a great team and when she went on maternity leave to have her second little boy I missed her terribly. Not to mention I was forced to deal with sitting next to some rather unpleasant new people in her wake. I left TP the end of September after I decided it was time to get back into the design world. I think having Mrs Coupons around at the company was one of the few things that kept me sane, but that's a whole other story.

It was fantastic to see my friend. You know you've found a good friend when time no longer seems to matter. Every time you see them, you just pick up where ever you left off. We chatted about TP, her job changes, the things going on at her current job, and how my freelancing was going. We laughed, we advised, we listened. In short, we had a great time. Since it was such a nice day and I had nowhere to be I walked Mrs Coupons back to her work. On my way back to my car I felt like skipping. I smiled at everyone I met on the street and said "hello!" And I realized, "THIS is what I used to feel like all of the time!" Before the multitude of boy dramas that dragged me down into the depths of despair, before all the injuries, even before I met Mr Mine. I used to be this carefree happy-go-lucky nothing's gonna stand in my way girl. I used to just simply enjoy life.

I didn't want to hop in the car and drive back to my apartment just yet, I wanted to revel in this new found happiness. So I decided to just stroll back up the street and check out a store I had been meaning to visit for years. The store is really just the gift shop to The Craft and Folk Art Museum. I walked in and it was love at first sight. Tons of handmade goodies everywhere! There were these lovely hand-woven scarfs and they had the exact colors that I had been needing to add to my scarf wardrobe. I loved this lavender, white, and grey striped scarf. And I doubly loved the message that came along with it. Welcome to Creative Women, beautiful things made by women.




Several Candles, and hand crafted cards later I left the store with lots of goodies and a new Membership. I am really looking forward to visiting all the workshops that they have to offer. They even have an Etsy craft night once a month! YAY for creating!

1 comment:

  1. YEA YEA YEA. I love this post and I do adore that scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...