Oct 6, 2012

It Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Thursday, Oct 4, 2012
Fantasy Football, it makes the heart grow fonder. Mr Mine joined his first NFL Fantasy League at work this year. So to curb my jealousy at not being invited to join a league with him I decided to join my own league. It's been a little bit of a learning curve but I've been enjoying it. We've watched all of the games together this season so far so it's been some additional bonding time. Talking about players potential, who we have, who we wished we had. Where we are in our leagues, who we're playing against.

Now I was a fan before this, but I wasn't an avid watcher. I was more of a love my Steelers from afar kind of girl. I have my Terrible Towel, my Hines Ward jersey, and if I ever managed to catch a game I always cheered for them. I used to text my girls in Pittsburgh and OH/NC all the time during games. We'd moan about bad calls, cheer for the great plays, and groan over fumbles or turnovers. The texts for the most part have stopped. My gals now have babies, and one of them has brand new twins. So you can imagine that their plates are pretty full. I miss the days of Hines, Bettis, Parker, even Randle El. I don't know a lot about the new Steelers, but it's been an interesting season so far.

It took me a few weeks, but I moved from 9th out of 10 to 3rd out of 10. Wish me luck this week it's projected that I am going to get my butt kicked. I'm hoping that I still come out on top! I'm the only girl in my league and I plan on representing well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...