Oct 4, 2012

Ms Bliss Residency Graduation

Friday, August 3, 2012
So unbelievably proud of my sis, Ms Bliss. Today she graduated from the Nurse Residency program at CHLA (Children's Hospital of Los Angeles). I know what an extreme struggle it was for her to get through the program. It's a tough program with a very steep learning curve and apparently it's also the place where residency programs were born.

I teared up several times during the proceedings. Once when they had a bunch of their patients come in and sing a song to the grads and once while the Head Nurse was giving an interview about why she's glad she became a nurse instead of a doctor. I'm paraphrasing here but it went something like "I get to be there for all of the moments, the happy, and the sad. When the doctors go home for the day I am the one who pays my last respects to the patients.."

It's an amazing achievement and I know she is experiencing a great opportunity. For now she will be staying at CHLA and I expect that she will learn a lot more in the coming two years. Congrats Sissy!!! All that hard work paid off!

msblissgrad01

msblissgrad02

1 comment:

  1. Awww such a special moment wish I could have gone and been there too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...