Jun 27, 2012

Curvily Yours: Confessions

Ok, I admit it. I went to a pole class today for the first time since my accident. Did my doctor tell me it was ok? No, I just couldn't stand not going. And frankly, it felt fantastic. I've missed the movement, the freeing of muscles and limbs. There is just something about being able to feel each of your muscles interacting, engaging, stretching, pulling, pushing, that just makes you feel alive. That you are more than just breathe in a space. That we are not just here, just being. That we are meant to move, to do things. To become bigger and fuller. It is raw energy and release. And I love it, crave it. Cannot get enough of the feeling of power that comes over you. Power and strength coupled with vulnerability and trust. And it's not about anyone else, but you. You, and your body.

It was nice to feel reconnected. To be able to embrace my current limitations and move through some and around others. This injury has had me so detached from my body it has been extremely depressing. It was good to be home. It was great to see some of my girls as well. I have missed them and even though they have been texting and emailing. Hugs in person still just can't be replaced!

This song seemed very fitting for my first dance back...



My dance was delicious, it felt just like one gigantic stretch and yawn. Just what I needed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...