Jun 24, 2012

The Truth About Toothpaste

I bet you thought that toothpaste was just something you used to clean your teeth. Nope, it has so many other uses! What I learned when I was a Premier Designs Jewelry woman was that it is also an excellent silver jewelry cleaner. I wish that I had learned this trick while I was still in college, living in Pittsburgh. I cannot tell you how many pieces of jewelry that I ended up getting rid of because they completely blackened.

What you need:
1. Toothpaste
2. Washcloth or a Flannel
3. Water

Put a small amount of toothpaste on your cloth and just start rubbing! The darker the piece the more toothpaste. This can take some time, but the end result is well worth it. Once you've gotten your jewelry to that state you want it just lightly wet a clean cloth and wipe the toothpaste off. Dry thoroughly.

To keep your pieces from turning black again store them in a plastic ziplock bag with a piece of chalk.

Here are some of the results I've had:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...