Aug 6, 2012

Glad for the Grad

At my age, and I know that 33 is not really that old, there is nothing that makes you feel older than going to a High School Graduation party. You stand around and think about how young and innocent the Grads are. Thinking thoughts like "oh just you wait" and "wow, I can't even remember how it felt to first start college". You think about how many years it's been since you graduated (ouch, has it really been that many??). And maybe reminisce a little about first kisses, first dates, and any other firsts (or fifths) that you want to throw in there. 

Since this trip has been all about seeing my old high school friends I found it fitting that Ms Ianthine's cousin Tim was having his graduation party the same weekend I was in town for Mr & Mrs Pentagon's Babyshower. Since I was staying with her she asked if I wouldn't mind attending and cited the things that make you a sucker for grad parties. Mostaccioli, potato salad, cake, and more Mostaccioli...

So our third stop of the day was to swing by and congratulate Tim on surviving high school mayhem and wishing him every chance for success in his future at OU. This particular grad party, being of modern times, included not only the delightful cake and "wall of shame, but a Photo Booth, a slushee machine, and a fondue fountain. Fun, yum, and YUM! I'm sad to say that due to our tight schedule for the day we actually ended up heading out right after the rest of Ms Ianthine's family arrived. We completely missed out on both the magnificent mostaccioli AND the cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...