Jul 20, 2012

Breakfast Reunion

My trip has yield just one botched things after another. First the Enterprise debacle and then I woke up this morning at 6:15 only to try to go back to sleep, and then was woken up again at 7 by my sister calling me because she wanted to read me her MOH speech. Exhausted as I was I ended up falling back asleep and either slept through my alarm or it just didn't go off. So I found myself staring at the time at 9:17am and thinking "oh f%#$" I was supposed to be at my good friends Mr & Mrs Green's at 9am! A flurry of text msgs and an hour later I finally found myself meeting their littlest, Brady, in his adorable rainbow skull pajamas.

Brady in his adorable skull pajamas.


It had been about three years since I last saw Mrs Green. She and I have been close friends since High school. We met at a mutual friend's birthday party and bonded over throwing popcorn in a theater at some rather inappropriate older men. Our friendship really solidified our freshman year in college where we were completely inseparable. To the point where we could have whole conversations without speaking and it drove our guy friends nuts.

Mrs Green and I on Spring Break 1998
We even took our Spring Break trip together in Florida. Where we actually froze our butts off because it was freezing the entire time we were there. We share a love of dance, superheros and fantasy novels. In college we used to rush home from class so that we were in time to watch Spiderman together. Of course it didn't hurt that we watched it with several cute boys from our "Brother" floor as well. Oh the memories. All of which were rehashed on our trip down memory lane portion of our conversation. Deciding it would be fun to go out and have some adult conversation as well as breakfast Mrs Green and I headed out to the nearest Coney Island. Where I learned about her participation in the 48 Hour Movie Challenge and more about the novel she just finished writing.


Mrs Green and I July, 2012
Yummy Breakfast! We split Blueberry Pancakes :)
Since we were reminiscing about the "old" days I mentioned looking at pictures and she whipped out her high school/college years photo album and I was surprised to find there were quite a few pictures in it that I had never seen before! I think I will be completing a whole post with just those in the next day or so. I hope that some day she gets around to scanning them because there were some priceless moments captured. When we got back to her house I had a surprise waiting for me. Her oldest, Caiden, had created a gift bag for me. What a clever boy, it was full of stickers, pirate accessories, a bookmark, and even a brand new pencil.

My Delightful Gift Bag :)

We rounded my visit off with me finally getting to see her wedding photos. Now she has been married since 2006 and I was actually IN her wedding party so it's pretty bad that I am just now getting to see these photos. But as I remembered she made a beautiful bride. I love this couple they are so much fun and both sweet, warm, considerate, caring people. I was sad to leave. But we left off vowing that we will stay in better touch than we have in the last few years. I look forward to my monthly update calls!! Thank you for my breakfast Mrs Green, your a peach! xoxo

Mrs Green and Brady

Mrs Green and Caiden

Mr Green and Brady
Mr & Mrs Green and Caiden



2 comments:

  1. It's "Michiganian" not Michigander. We're not geese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I dont know.... there are a ton of geese in Michigan! There could be room for debate here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...