Jul 1, 2012

From Here to There

When I first started the Lean for Life plan I was determined and organized and basically had the theme song "Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now!" playing in the background of my life. The assisted program lasted a full six weeks (Weight Loss Phase) and once that six weeks was done they requested I do a two week Metabolic Adjustment Phase (MAP). Essentially this resets your metabolism so that your body becomes comfortable at your current weight. The result is that once you restart the Weight Loss Phase you should only gain weight back up to the last MAP weight.

So I started out at 194.5lbs. I finished my first 6 weeks of the Weight Loss Phase at 169lbs. My metabolic adjustment weight would then become 169lbs after staying at that same weight for two weeks straight.

The hardest part for me about going into the MAP was that it required me to eat twice as much protein. Forcing myself to eat more food after being so rigid about what I was eating was really hard. It felt like I was forcing myself to fail. I had been doing so well on the weight loss that I didn't want to stop!

I ended up floundering a bit during the MAP phase. I just couldn't get myself to eat more food for the first week. So I continued to lose weight. Once I was down to 166lbs I forced myself to try the MAP phase properly.

This became tough and easy. The tough part was eating more of the right things. I ended up going off my eating plan completely. Because I was also working out so much I ended up keeping my weight the same and it wasn't until my accident that it all went completely south.

Actually I was doing pretty well until I started going out with friends and eating only two-three decadent meals a day. I made a lot of bad eating choices, even jumping back on the yummy dessert train. After I stepped on the scale a week ago and realized that I had regained well past my MAP weight, a decision to change was in order.

The problem I am having, is sticking to that decision. So I have been revisiting my Lean for Life book. Resetting my goals, and writing out my list of positive affirmations. I have a brand new LFL workbook to start writing everything down in. So tomorrow I will be officially starting my next Weight Loss Phase. In truth I tried to start last week, but fell apart because my resolve wasn't completely set. But tomorrow is the day. I know it would probably be easier to start AFTER all the upcoming 4th of July parties, but you never know how strong you are without a little bit of a challenge right? So here we go, wish me luck! I'll post my official weight tomorrow morning to kick off the week. If anyone else wants to try with me give me a call or shoot me a msg/email and I'll give you the details of how to start!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...