Jul 21, 2012

Sunlight, Porch Set, A Little Me Time

Sitting on the back porch of Mr Timbre's house enjoying an absolutely lovely Michigan day. The temperature is perfect, the sun keeps skipping behind the few clouds in the sky and there is a nice light breeze. Even the humidity is barely noticeable today, or maybe I have finally re-acclimated to it. Yesterday, it rained and I thought "wow, nobody does a warm rain downpour like MI". It's strange that even with the beautiful weather we have in LA I am still so nostalgic about the weather patterns here. I really miss the thunderstorms. I can remember as a little kid sitting on my front porch with my parents and just watching the lightning. Watching the sky turn different colors, pink, to orange, to green, to a weird yellow. I remember being allowed to run out in the rain (if there wasn't any lightning) to splash in the gigantic puddles that always occurred at the end of our driveway. Bending down to watch wriggly pink worms as they worked their way out of the grass. I never did understand their tendency to come out during the rain. 

It’s been nice to get some quiet moments to myself. I’ve been trying to have a much more balanced trip this time around. Usually whenever I am in my hometown I am lining up people to see every minute of every day. Which just ends up being more exhausting than enjoyable. So I’ve made only loose plans with people, and although it makes me look a bit flaky I have kept my sanity this trip. While really enjoying the company of the people that I have gotten to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...