Jul 27, 2012

Jessism of the Week: Meanie Greens

Meanie Greens
I'm not a picky eater. I will pretty much try anything at least once. But there is one vegetable that I really don't get along with. It's the Green Bell Pepper. I found this out when I was living in Pittsburgh with Mrs Bokeh. She absolutely adores them and used them in almost every single dish. Since at that point in life I could basically only boil water I ended up eating a lot of her cooking. I started to notice that I felt very queasy afterwards. It took a while but I discovered that the Meanie Greens and me do not get along well. Though I can eat the yellow, red and orange ones without incident. Which I find odd. After talking with various members of my paternal family I have decided it must be hereditary. Because my dad, aunt, and several cousins have the same issue. Weird huh?

I still occasionally eat them, but they are definitely not my first pick! Down with the Meanie Greens!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...